FALC Joint Venture
Kensington Resources Ltd., a wholly owned subsidiary of Shore, holds a 69 percent ownership position in the FALC-JV with Joint Venture partner Newmont Canada FN Holdings ULC holding 31 percent.
• Over 70 kimberlites identified
• Macro Diamonds recovered in 34 kimberlites - 70 percent considered gem quality including a 10.53 carat Light Fancy Yellow and a 45.95 carat stone from Orion South
Orion South Geological Model
The Joint Venture properties contain enormous volumes of kimberlite, with the Orion belt containing 7 kilometres of continuous kimberlite.
• Orion South geological estimate: 333 - 375 million tonnes*
• Orion Centre geological estimate: 150 - 167 million tonnes*
• Orion North geological estimate: 600 - 800 million tonnes*
The Taurus Cluster to the west of Orion with more than 6 kilometres of contiguous kimberlite, has the potential to host hundreds of millions of tonnes of kimberlite.
Orion, Taurus and Star Kimberlites
Orion South Aerial Photo
Shaft location and LDD (looking south)
Orion South Shaft Map
March 3, 2008
Orion South Section Maps
FALC-JV Section Map
FALC-JV Section A
FALC-JV Section B
Orion South Underground
Technical Report and Resource Estimate on the Fort à la Corne Joint Venture Orion South Diamond Project - September 25, 2009
FALC-JV Technical Report - March 19, 2009